Collaborating with Healthcare Professionals to empower future nutrition research
The United for clinical nutrition initiative takes the next step, supporting parenteral nutrition research with a € 100,000* grant for Latin American HCPs. As part of the initiative ‘United for clinical nutrition’, the Parenteral Nutrition Research Grant Latin America has been introduced to support research into parenteral nutrition (PN) in hospitalized adult patients in Latin America.
A grant to improve the status of malnutrition in Latin America
The Grant of € 100,000* will be awarded to an institution with an original project directly relevant to the therapeutic area of clinical nutrition. The sum of the grant will be split over two years to assist in the research for the awarded project.
Applications are open, and will close July 15, 2018. Applications will be reviewed by the Grant Committee consisting of renowned experts in the field of clinical nutrition. The winner will be officially announced at the FELANPE 2018 in Mexico.
The Grant was founded to improve the situation of hospitalized adult patients in Latin America – the results of the Screening Day Latin America showed that 74 percent of screened patients were moderately or severely malnourished.1
The Grant aims to address the important topic of malnutrition in Latin America, providing funding for research on, or activity in the following areas:
- Effective screening, treatment and monitoring
- Reduction incidence of nutritional deficits
- Metabolic effects of parenteral nutrition
- Evidence of improved patient outcomes
- Demonstration of health economic benefits
- Research collaboration within multidisciplinary teams
- Projects on innovative education approaches
How to apply for the Grant to support your research?
The following people can apply:
- Post graduate healthcare professions based in hospitals in Latin America
- Investigators of the institutions must possess a medical doctor degree (or comparable academic degree) AND have published in recognized academic journals
- Applications from interdisciplinary team are appreciated
For a complete submission to be considered, the following documents are required:
- Application form – Download
- A detailed research plan (more information available in our application guidelines) – Download
- Ethics committee approval (submission to EC is sufficient for application, but full approval must be available by the time the Grant is awarded)
Have more questions on how to apply? Email us at email@example.com
*or equivalent in local currency